(Why did my Semagic lose all my settings? [cusswords])
- No, no word from anywhere on Gemma, but I still have to check the piece-of-junk phone.
- Did I mention a man drove by around 7ish yesterday, said he remembered seeing Gemma outside the fence about that same time the day before? So there's some evidence she did what I was expecting.
- Papered my neighbourhood more on the way home.
- Man stopped by the house with a little pug on a harness this morning, said he was a lost dog (the pug, obviously) and asked if he were mine. I thought it was a young dog at first, friendly enough, but his eyes look awfully damaged, poor boy. He wrenched away from me when I tried to look at his teeth, so I'm not sure how old he actually is. I told the man he should try getting the pug scanned for a chip at Knowles - maybe he will, he didn't seem to know about ID chips. Hopefully, there is one and the pug will get home.
- Went to Animal Control and walked the pens. I had to seek out my inner Vulcan to manage my composure - I hate that place and there are certain facts about it that I cannot allow myself to think about. I didn't get to talk to the Lost&Found officer, he just didn't show up while I was there, but I left him two flyers and the appropriate form. Bizarrely, despite not wearing anything like either the Animal Services uniform or the volunteer T-shirt, I kept getting mistaken for someone who worked there. It must have been my aura of familiarity and determined stride. Or something.
Debbie, her dad and sister picked me up and we went to see HP OoP in IMAX 3-D up in Fort Lauderdale. in_the_blue
was, of course, right about how well the whole thing worked
; it summed up very smoothly and efficiently. Yet another casting director I believe, but this one chose an excellent Luna. They didn't horrid-up Imelda Staunton not half enough, though, but I was amazed and delighted how much
Umbridge's office resembled the decor we applied to Dogstar Academy the first April Fool's we pulled. I'm somewhat distressed (with a bit of relief) that despite the better adaptation - so efficient, can we get it nominated? - I wasn't really able to connect to Sirius as much as... likely. On the whole, I felt shorted once again in that direction. Yeeeeesss, I know it's Harry's story, yeahyeahyeah. BTW, Daniel's turning into quite a bit of something there, isn't he? Grint's the terminal character actor, but Dan's going to get pretty much anything he wants.
There was eating of couch and soiling of kitchen while I was gone, but everybody was accountable-for. I just let Annie in under her own power after she was out for a couple hours, playing with Puppy. It's amazing how not worrying about her being there or not relieves my stress (well... mostly not worrying).
One of my new acquaintances on Second Life - yes, I succumbed - had invited me to the party for the opening of his new restaurant. Here's the interesting part - he's a Jägermonster, from Girl Genius
. And I was invited as Baron Klaus Wulfenbach. *grin* Yeah, it's a little odd. I still don't feel particularly entitled
to speak for the Baron in first person. It's sort of a low-end freeform RP at this point. I invited Supergirl as my... well, my date, so to speak. There was dancing (I have piccies), then there was much lag (system slowdown, chronic whenever there's a lot of people in one place). Unfortunately, some of the lag was personal, for both me and my lovely escort - we both were falling asleep mid-party. so we left separately before the end. I'm being complimented on my appearance, so I've re-created the character as well as I've hoped. He needs better hair, though. That's in the works.
Not a bad day for an ongoing kidnap and repeated sleep deprivation.